Name: Krishnan Iyyer
College: Amrita School of Engineering
Branch: Computer Science
Type of interview: On-Campus Interview
We were informed by our TPO (Training Placement Officer) that the placement drive will begin from next month, and this year Wipro will also be coming for the campus selection. TPO provided us the registration link of aspiring minds, so that we can register ourselves and get our admit cards. The eligibility criteria for Wipro was 60% throughout the academic career and no current backlogs. So I immediately started preparing for the drive through previous years Wipro interview questions available on PrepInsta.
The AMCAT paper was divided into five sections, Quantitative Analysis, Logical Reasoning, Verbal, Technical Aptitude, and Essay Writing. There were 70 questions in the paper and time allotted was 119 minutes. There was an individual sectional cut off and different time limit for every section.
- The Quants section had 18 questions, and the sectional cut off was 11. Time allotted was 20 minutes. The difficulty level of this section was moderate to high. Maximum questions were from Simple Interest, Logarithms, Divisibility, and Speed Time and Distance.
- The Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation section, was difficult. There were 16 questions and the time allotted for this section was 16 minutes. The sectional cut off for this section was 13. Most of the questions were based on Blood Relation and Data Sufficiency. There were some questions on Graphs and Pie charts as well.
- The Verbal section, had 22 questions and the time allotted was 18 minutes. The difficulty level was low as some passages were quite straight forward. The sectional cut off was 16. This section had many questions similar to the ones I studied on PrepInsta practice papers, such as subject-verb agreement, contextual vocabulary questions, sentence improvement &construction, and comprehension ordering.
- There were two questions in the Coding section, and the time allotted was 45 minutes. Out of the two, one question was to print a series of numbers in ascending order and one question was of merge sort.
- There was only one question in the Essay writing section, and the time allotted was 20 minutes. I had to write an article on ‘Demonetisation good or bad?’ The word limit for the article was 100-150 words.
The results for the AMCAT paper were declared within an hour and uploaded on the college portal. Luckily, I cleared the paper and was shortlisted for the next rounds. The shortlisted students were asked to report in the college seminar hall, for the face to face rounds along with a copy of their updated resume. We were informed that there will be two face to face rounds, Technical and HR.
As I entered the seminar hall, the interviewer was seated there. He asked for my CV and gave it a close look.
Interviewer: Tell me something about data encapsulation.
Me: I explained the concept of data encapsulation.
Interviewer: Can you explain this with any example?
Me: I gave a practical example to explain the concept.
Also, the interviewer asked the following questions:
- Are there any differences between C++ and JAVA? Please elaborate.
- What is the name of the compiler used in JAVA?
The interview went for around 10- 15 minutes. After all the interviews were over the student shortlisted for the HR round was announced. I was selected for the next round.
The HR round was held after an hour in the seminar hall. I entered the seminar hall after my name was announced for the interview. The HR was seated there and he already had my resume with him.
- Introduce yourself.
- Why do you want to join Wipro?
- Do you have any future plans, like to do your masters?
- Are you fine with relocation?
- Where do you see yourself after two years?
After the interview was over, I was eagerly waiting for the results.I was so happy as I was selected in one of the leading IT Company of India. The offer letter was given at that time only. The joining letter came after three months.