- Name: Moorthy Nalladurai
- College: B.M.S College of Engineering
- Branch: Computer Science and Engineering
- Type of interview: On-Campus Interview
The TCS on-campus placement as one an excellent experience for me because it was first placement drive in my life and I got selected for it. I had worked very hard to get selected for TCS.
I collected materials from my seniors. I asked the seniors who got placed in TCS about the difficulty level, and types of question asked in TCS round. They provided me their study materials and as me to refer PrepInsta website. I found a lot of sample questions and interview experiences on the site which helped me a lot during the entire placement process.
The TCS conducted its recruitment process in two rounds. The first round was the written round which involved an online test, followed by three interview rounds.
Round 1: Online Written Test
When TCS came for an on-campus interview in our college, I was late for the first round. Everybody had entered the exam hall, and I had just reached college. But luckily, the first round had not started, and the candidates were still allowed to enter the exam hall. The examiner checked my ID and let me in.
- Email Writing Section
The first round was a written test that required me to write an email. They gave me some phrases and the motive of writing the email. The email needed to be grammatically correct and error-free and about 70-80 words in 10 minutes. The question allocated to me was, “Write an email to the bank manager requesting them to block your credit card as your wallet was pickpocketed on the bus.”
- Aptitude Section
Aptitude section followed the email section. This section comprised of 30 questions in 60 minutes. This section covered questions from subjects such as
- Programming Language Section
The programming section was also one of the parts of the online test section. There were ten questions needed to be answered to clear this round. Time allocated for his was 20 minutes. The technical problems came from basic of C language. Some of them were about:
- Highest precision data type
- Header Files required for printf functions
- What will the fopen function return if the file is not found?
- Pointers and strings
- Coding Section
The last part of the written test was the coding section. I was required to write simple program code in this part of the exam. This was also quite easy for me to attempt.
When the written test was over, I was asked to wait until my result was declared. Soon I came to knew I got selected for the interview round.
Round 2: Personal Interview
Several students cleared the written exam like me. When I called for the interview, a single TCS representative took my interview.
He asked me to introduce myself. Later, he asked me technical questions such as:
- What is OOPS?
- What are classes and objects?
- What is inheritance?
- What is an MVC model?
- What is abstraction?
- What are abstract classes? Give an example of abstraction.
I was also asked to write a program to add two numbers in Java taking input from the user. After I completed the code, he asked me to explain it. Later, he asked me about some Unix commands such as:
- Command to display all the files and processes.
- Use of grep command.
Lastly, he asked HR related questions such as
- My interests and hobbies.
- The things I did in the past six months.
- If I was comfortable to relocate.
Finally, he asked me if I had any doubts or queries. So, I asked him about the training procedure. One week after the interview, the results were announced, and I was happy that I was selected.
Read other Interview Experiences for TCS below –
- TCS Interview Experience 1 (On Campus)
- TCS Interview Experience 2 (On Campus)
- TCS Interview Experience 3 (On Campus)
- TCS Interview Experience 4 (On Campus)
- TCS Interview Experience 5 (Off Campus)
- TCS Interview Experience 6 (Off Campus)
- TCS Interview Experience 7 (Off Campus)
- TCS Interview Experience 8 (Off Campus)