Find the next term in the series
6, 5, 26, 117, 836,_______
- Can not be determine
Solution: As there is no pattern in the given series, its next term is difficult to determine.
Correct answer is: D.
- Suren is 9 ranks ahead of David in a class of 46. If David’s rank ts 22nd from the last. then what is Suren’s rank from the start?
Solution: If David is 22nd from last that means his rank is 24 (46 –22= 24)
Now, Suren is ahead of David by 9 rank = 24 – 9 = 15
So the rank of Suren is 15th
The correct option is D
- In a particular year 10th of 10th month was a Sunday In the same year 8th of 8th month falls on which day of the week?
Solution: If 10th October is Sunday then 1st October is Friday.
Now, September has 30 days which means it has 2 odd days (30/7)
So, 1st of September will be Wednesday
Now August has 31 days but we need to calculate the 8th day
So, 31/7 gives 3 odd days
If 1st August is Sunday then 8th day of August will be also Sunday.
The correct option is D.
- In a bank, there are 15 coin vending machines: out of 15 machines 5 are defective 3 machines are chosen at random in the bank Find the probability that at least one of these is defective?
- Average age of 9 men is increased by 2 years. when three of them whose ages are 28y, 32 years and 33 years are replaced by 3 new persons. What is the average age of these new three persons,
- 37 years
- 39 years
Correct option is A
Total age of three person = 28+32+33 = 93 years
Total increase in age on replacement = 2 × 9 = 24 years
Total age two new persons included = 93 + 18 = 111 years
Therefore, Average age of new persons = 111/3 = 37 years
- Your friend and you are playing a game. Following is the description of the game.
There are some black and white balls in a bag Every Time you have to pick two balls and if the balls are of the same color then you have to add one black ball to the bag and keep the balls you picked outside. If the balls are of different colors then you need to add one white ball to the bag and keep the balls you picked outside.
If you know that the number of white balls is 15 and the number of black balls is 20 then. what will be the color of the last ball in the bag?
- Always black
- Always white
- Equal probability of white and black
- Cannot be determined
- liters are drawn from a can filled with milk and is then replaced by water. This process is repeated for three more times. The ratio of the quantity of milk now left in a can to that of water is 16 : 65. How much milk did the can hold originally?
- 15 liters
- 18 liters
- 22 liters
- 24 liters
Let the quantity of the milk in the can originally be x litres
Then, quantity of milk left in can after 3 operations =[x(1−8/x)3]
= 16/81 (Formula to calculate left milk is given and from ratio left milk is 16 and water is 65 so total solution will be 16+65=81 which is equal to initial milk x. (Formula for left milk)/total milk = (left milk/total solution) which will be 16/81)
- A boy running up a stair case finds that when he goes up two steps at a time there is one step left at the end: when he goes up three at a time there are two left at the end and when he goes up four at a time. there are three left at the encl. Find the number of stairs. which is somewhere between 40 and 50.
- 12 men and 18 women can complete a piece of work in 16 days. What is the time taken by 8 men and 12 women to complete it?
Correct option is D
1 man’s 1 day’s work = 1/x
=> 12 men will complete = 12/x work…….(1)
Let 1 woman also reaps the field in x days
=> 1 woman’s 1 day’s work = 1/x
=> 18 women will complete = 18/x work ……..(2)
Now, together they complete the work in 16 days
So, together , their 1 days work = 1/16 …….(3)
By adding (1) & (2)
12/x + 18/x = 1/16 ……….(4)
=> 30/x = 1/16
=> x = 480
NOW, 8 men will complete the work in 8/x days
& 12 women will complete the work in 12/x days
So , together they will complete the work in
(8/x + 12/x ) days
By putting the value of x= 480
We get, 8/480 + 12/480
= 1/24 work in 1 day
=> 1 piece of work will be completed by them in 24 days
- In an office. 40% of the staffs offered German. 30% offered Spanish and 15% offered both German and Spanish. If a Staff is selected at random. then find the probability that he has offered German or Spanish?
Solution: P (of German candidates) = 40/100 = 4/10
P (of Spanish candidates) = 30/100 = 3/10
P (of both German and Spanish candidates) = 15/100 = 3/20
P (of either German or Spanish ) = (4/10 + 3/20) – (3/10 + 3/20)
= (110/200)- (90/200)
= 10/20 = 1/10
- A. B. C. D can finish a piece of work in 20 days. 40 days. 30 days and 50 days respectively, if they work individually .They decided to work on the same job but on a rotational basis with no two persons working on the same day. To finish the work at the earliest possible time, which of the following sequence is the best?
- Any sequence
Correct option is D
A B C and D are working independently. Therefore, any sequence will give the same amount of work done.
- Hari and Cherry started from the same point and moved towards the east for 6 km and 8 km respectively. Later. Hari took a left turn and travelled for 9 km, then took a right turn and travel. for 2 km and finally took a tum towards the north and reached his home by travelling another 6 km. Meanwhile. Cherry took a right turn and traveled for 1 km, then took a right turn and moved another 12 km to reach his home. With the information given above, find the shortest distance between Hari and Cherry houses.
- 20 km
- 15 km
- 18 km
- 24 km
Correct option is A
Black line =distance covered by Hari
Red Line – distance covered by Cheery
C2 = a2 + b2
c2= 162 + 122
C2 = 256 + 144 = 400
C = 20
- In the examination of civil services there are three papers and a participant must get 45.45% marks of the total marks to get passed. In first paper the participant got 30% out of the 210 and in the second he obtained 62.5% out of 120.How much must he obtain out of 220in the third paper to pass?
Correct Option: D
Solution: Total Marks = 210+220+120 = 550
To pass the exam the student should get = 45.45% (including all 3 subjects) = 45.45/100*550 = 249.97 marks
Marks scored in 1st subject = 30% = 30/100*210 = 63
Marks scored in 2nd subject 62.5% = 62.5/100*120= 75
Total marks the student needs to pass the examination = 249.97- (63+75) = 249.97-138 = 111.9 = 112 marks
- Kevin can complete a piece of work in 24 days. He worked for 6 days and left. Alvin completes the remaining work in 9 days. In how many days can the whole work be completed they work together?
Correct option is B
Let the total amount of work was W.
Clearly, Kelvin’s speed of doing work is : W/24
After working for 6 days, the amount of work he did was : 6∗W/24=W/4
Work remaining = W−W/4=3W/8
This remaining work was done in 9 days by Alvin,
thus Alvin’s speed of doing work is : (3W/4)∗1/9=W/36
If they work together, total speed is : W/24 + W/12 =W/8
Thus, if they work together, the work will be done in 8 days.
Solution: There are 4 kings, 4 queens, and 4 aces
Total number of cards = 12
Pick two cards at random
To find the P( of atleast 1 king) there will be three cases,
- II) When 1st card is king and the other is not a king = (4/12 * 11/11) = 44/132
- II) When the 2nd card is king, and the 1st card is a random = (11/12*4/11) = 44/132
III) When bothe the cards are kings = (4/12*3/12) = 12/132
P( of atleast 1 card is king )= 44/132 + 44/132 +12/132