- Name: Sakshi Subramaniyam
- Branch: Computer Science
- College: Meenakshi Sundararajan Engineering College
- Type of Interview: Referral Drive
I interviewed with Infosys this year in January for the position of Software Engineer. The medium was referral drive through which my interview was processed. Since it was a referral drive, the company considered only references from current employees for the vacant position. It was my senior who referred my profile for this drive. Later, I received a communication email from Infosys for participating in the selection process.
The interview comprised of two levels, Online Test, and HR Interview. I appeared for the online test paper on 3rd January. It was further divided into three sections.
Online Test Paper
· Time: 25mins
· Number of Questions: 15
· Quantitative Aptitude Questions(Data Interpretations, Probability, Time and Work, Profit and Loss, Speed Time and Distance, Percentages)
· Time: 35mins
· Number of Questions: 10
· Logical Reasoning Questions(Arrangements, Syllogisms, Coding-Decoding, Number Series, Clocks, and Calendar)
· Time: 35mins
· Number of Questions: 40
· Verbal English Questions(Reading Comprehensions, Sentence Correction, Para Jumbles, Sentence Completion, Analogy)
The first section of the online round was tough for the given time to complete. The second section was smooth as I prepared and practiced well for the reasoning questions. But, the third round was a little tricky since I was not well off with the grammatical concepts.
I appeared for all the questions as there was no negative marketing. I was doubtful of being able to clear the round with good score but, the result was something else. I cleared the round with considerable marks.
This interview was conducted the next day of the online test. The interviewer appeared strict at the first glance. After greeting, he immediately jumped to the technical questions. There were three technical questions on his list, but I could remember only two of them:
· What are the basics of OOP?
· What do you mean by Relational DBMS?
I answered all of them appropriately. But, my heart was pounding due to the anxiety I faced recently. To make me feel comfortable, he passed on some water and snacks lying beside. “Feels better,” I murmured. The round did not end up here. There was another set of questions coming my way.
He also put up questions such as,
· How was your day so far?
· What do you think about our work at Infosys?
· What kind of a person are you?
· What would your friend tell about you?
My sound knowledge about the company and good communication ability helped me a lot here. It was after a week that I received the selection email. In a nutshell, be confident and honest but never express your future aims for higher education and business ideas in the interview.
- Infosys Interview Experience – 1 (On Campus)
- Infosys Interview Experience – 2 (On Campus)
- Infosys Interview Experience – 3 (On Campus)
- Infosys Interview Experience – 4 (Off Campus)
- Infosys Interview Experience – 5 (Off Campus)
- Infosys Interview Experience – 6 (Referral Drive)
- Infosys Interview Experience – 7 (Referral Drive)