- Name: Aishwarya Panadian
- Branch: IT
- College: Meenakshi Sundararajan Engineering College
- Type of Interview: Off-Campus
While I was studying in college, my roommate and I often use to discuss about being placed at Infosys. With the boom in the industry at that time, Infosys opted for off-campus recruitment. They accepted interview applications via http://campusconnect.infosys.com/registration/studentregistration.aspx. I filled up all the details on this portal, and I got an email for Online Exam going to be conducted in Jeppiaar Engineering College, Chennai.
The Online Test
This test comprises of three sections, namely,
· Quantitative Ability
· Logical Ability
· Verbal Ability
From school days, I was not good at Maths and was a bit nervous to appear for Quantitative Aptitude and Logical Reasoning. The only thing which saved me was that the prior practice of questions with PrepInsta. I got a major idea of questions to be asked, and I got a firm belief that I will clear the exam. My only strong zone was English and vocabulary. I relied on verbal section a lot. After quickly completing the questions of previous two sections, I was waiting to appear on the subject of my interest.
After a series of thorough verification I managed to answer 35 questions with 99% confidence, but for the remaining five questions, I had fewer clues. Overall, I was confident enough to crack the first level of the interview. It was a great moment, and my heart started pounding knowing that I have been shortlisted for next round of interview that will be happening the next day.
The HR Interview
The interviewer welcomed me with a pleasing smile and asked to sit. He started going through my documents and asked me to tell about myself, and I did. I expected programming questions and codes related stuff. But I got nothing of that sort. He brought a list of questions my way that included, What do you think will be the future of IT industry? I answered AI. Artificial Intelligence is one vertical which makes a long-lasting impact on the planet. There were some more questions such as
· What is your project all about?
· Why should Infosys hire you? How will you contribute to the growth of the company?
· What do you know about Infosys?
· Are you comfortable with working in shifts?
· Which subject you like and why?
While losing confidence in one or two questions, I responded well to the rest of the questions. I believe the round was to check my communication skills. I was expecting a positive result after answering all the questions.
That was an extended week than a usual one when I had to wait for the final results. Finally, on a Sunday evening, I received the mail from them saying that I was selected as the system engineer trainee role.
- Infosys Interview Experience – 1 (On Campus)
- Infosys Interview Experience – 2 (On Campus)
- Infosys Interview Experience – 3 (On Campus)
- Infosys Interview Experience – 4 (Off Campus)
- Infosys Interview Experience – 5 (Off Campus)
- Infosys Interview Experience – 6 (Referral Drive)
- Infosys Interview Experience – 7 (Referral Drive)