- Name: Ganesh Chandrasekaran
- Branch: CSE
- College: Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College, West Bengal
- Type of Interview: On-Campus (3.38 LPA)
Recently Cognizant Technology Solutions (CTS) visited our campus for the on-campus recruitment drive. The eligibility criteria for this drive was minimum 60% in 10th, 12th, and graduation and no existing backlogs. I fulfilled this criterion, so I was eligible to participate in the drive. The selection process had three rounds:
- Written Test
- Technical Interview
- HR Interview
Round 1- Written Test
MeritTrac hosted the written test for CTS. The written test had three sections:
- Verbal Ability: Had 25 questions which were to be completed in 25 minutes time. It had questions related to basic English, such as synonyms, antonyms, comprehensions, etc.
- Quantitative Ability: Had 16 questions and the time limit for this section was 16 minutes. This section had mathematical questions on topics: number system, pipes, and cisterns, profit and loss, time and work, speed and distance, etc.
- Reasoning ability: This section contained 14 questions on data sufficiency, arrangements, coding, and decoding, etc. The time limit for this section was 14 minutes.
The test had moderate difficulty, and most questions were similar to the ones posted on PrepInsta, so, I was comfortable with the test paper. Also, MeritTrac used the adaptive method of test in which the difficulty of the questions gets altered as per student’s ability. The sectional and overall cut-off for the cognizant written test was 65 percentile. I cleared the cut-off and therefore, was eligible for the subsequent rounds.
Round 2-Technical Interview
The technical interviewer had a grim expression when I entered the room, so I was bit scared at the first instance. Bust as soon as our conversation started; I was very comfortable talking to him. He asked me questions on the fundamental of C, C++, JAVA, DBMS, OS, and my major project.
- Explain binary search.
- What is the difference between pass by value and pass by reference in c?
- Explain round robin scheduling.
- Name the type of joins in DBMS.
- Define normalization and specify its types.
- What was your role in your major project?
I knew all the answers, so I answered confidently. Mainly, the interviewer was testing my fundamental knowledge and communication skills. So, my confident answers helped me to clear this round, and I was sent for the HR interview.
Round 3-HR Interview
HR round was quite simple. I was asked easy questions related to my personal life, interests, hobbies, likes, and dislikes such as:
- What is your favorite pastime?
- Why do you want to join Cognizant?
- Do you want to pursue higher education?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Where do you see yourself in next 5 years?
Then the interviewer asked if I was comfortable with night shifts and relocation. I agreed to it. He said, very well, we are done for the day. You will be notified of the result later.
Two days after the interview, the result was announced, and I was selected. It was the best moment of my life.